zurück zur Uebersicht der Direktors Lounge 2007
FemLink, the International Videos-Collage: FRAGILITY
• Marta Ares AR ME, X ? 1 min 40 - 2006
This video is a commentary on how much has been done, with covert or overt violence, and throughout history, to frame women within the "condition of fragility".
• Maki Horino JP THANKS FOR MY FRAGILITY 2min - 2006
The point of view of an artist-video on the relationship between the significant language in the art of video: "the image and the sound and the maginary language": one duration with the particular image. The two images are formed a relative representation with a certain perceptible brittleness: it is where the artist (video) is...
• Anna Barseghian AM FRAGILE 2min - 2006
• Anne Penders BE 2 min - 2006
Every thing lays down (in between)
• C.M. Judge US BOMBS R US 2 min - 2006
"Bombs R Us suggests the fragility of human life, made all the more fragile by the culturally accepted notion that human life is dispensable. Planes filled with bombs are dropped on neighborhoods filled with children and their families. The end does not justify the means."
• Esperanza Collado IR GLIMMERING LIGHT (ONE SECOND IN PARIS) 1mn30 - 2006
Glimmering Light is composed of different black and white still pictures, all belonging to the same photograph, taken in Paris.
• Marilena Preda Sanc RO AMONG THE CARS 2 min 2006
Among the cars is a video metaphor regard our city daily life. The video is focused on a city image mandala including my bodyscape projected on an aggressive backround of cars.
• Véronique Sapin FR AND THEN, THE TOTAL BLANK 2 min - 2006
When all is reduced to dust.
• Alli Savolainen FI SELF PORTRAIT 1'35" 2006
Self-portrait drawings during August 1998. At the time I was staying alone in a house, in a small village: Maze, north of Norway.
I could not speak norwegian language, there was no many people in the village at the time. No any places to go. Outside too many mosquitos to be. One little shop to buy food.
• Vicky Betsou GR DETACHED 2 min 2006
A female figure is revolving in a repetitive, self-referential act, until her sudden encounter with the "Other" (the male figure). We follow the transition from the subject (person) to the crowd (collective body).
• Cathy Vogan AU THE THIRD CHILD 2mn15 2006
It's about the third-world child: a begging scene. A plan-sequence where an A to Z of "isms" and other influential words fall into an ever-empty food bowl
• Daniela Kostova BG INVISIBLE 2 min 2006
These suits allow me to explore issues of silence and absence, integration and estrangement in different political and cultural environments. While drawing from theoretical concepts like the "subaltern" and the "double consciousness", through this work I am also exploring the space between the objective and subjective points of view.
• Rokhshad Nourdeh IR RAID LINE 2 min 2006
Walking on the dangerous line of the life. "As a woman, I decide walking on the "Red"-"Raid"-"Line" !
• Antonella Bussanich IT LIGHTPAINTING 2 min 2006
Onto a burning red screen, a dark shape sways forward, makes its way, little by little on to the frame and spreads across it.
•Cagdas Kahriman TR IN THE TEETH OF OPPOSITION 1 min24 2006
A man in front of his self consciousness between attraction and repulsion
• Maria Papacharalambous CY FRAGILITY 2 min 2006
A visual essay on fragile equilibrium.
• Sandra Kogut BR MATHILDE 2 min 2006
For Mathilde Lajta†: January 1905 - October 2005
• Kinga Araya PL DOPPLEGANGER 2 min 2006
The visual layering of a turning head is complemented by a simultaneous narration in Polish and English. Two Arayas talk to and against each other. The sentence “Self-portrait exhausts its meaning when it erases itself” is audible and layered throughout the entire video.
• Evgenija Demnievska RS TAIN 2 min 2006
“Tain” silvering (for mirrors); foil, tain, glace sans makes the image possible
Between the real and the reflected images we are experiencing the fragility of the situation, the fragility of the information, and the fragility of our perception. The totality is fictive as we can experience only the parts.
• Natasha Dimitrievska MK TEDI IN WHITE 2 min 2006
Fragility of the bad experiences, stories that hurt us but we carry inside, they fade but never gone.
• Prilla Tania ID ABOUT ME 2 min 2006
This video is actually telling about how I live my life. I see life as a fragile path, therefore I need to be careful in taking steps although I know my path will end one day. I describe this thought with this video of me peeling apple.
• Jacqueline Wachall and Klaudia Stoll DE DOUBLE EXTENSION 2 min 2006
You will see a changing choreography of slow - but at the same time meaningful and descriptive movements between ornament and body function.
• Nicoletta Stalder CH A SILENT EARTHQUAKE 2 min 2006
Though this Earthquake can't turn solid buildings into fragile piles of bricks, it rocked the fondations at my nicely settled lifestile thoroughly.
• Chantal Du Pont CA KARMA 2 min 2006
She swivels a shiny metal ball in view of the future which she takes within her hands. She is identifying the Buddhist concept of Karma, synonyme of 'action', as the transformation process that she had gone through while fighting for her life.
• Rachida Azsaou DZ REFUGE 2 min 2006
A curtain shows a long corridor.
A small light reveals lines, shapes, graphics of indefinable space.
A small light which guide us towards an angel
We are inside the cathedral of the holy heart!
• Claudia Aravena CL GREETINGS FROM PALESTINA 2 min 2006
"Part of a larger work titled Palestina Project, Greetings from Palestina deals with mobility of cultural identities, or transculturisation problems.
• Dalia Al Kury JO BEAUTIFUL BOY 2 min 2006
by filming my bed, i tried to portray an intimate relationship between myself and my beloved Adam whom i lost to the highest form of fragility†: sudden death. He is long gone but to this day i can not beleive i am still breathing.
• Yun Aiyoun KR FLOATING TIME 2 min 2006
• Anna Malagrida ES MELANCOLIA 1 mn 34s 2006
• Petra Bauer SE IMAGES OF A FILM FESTIVAL 2 min 2006
This is a short film about the relation between the production of images and the constructio of truth (or rather the fragilithy of truth).
zurück zur Uebersicht der Direktors Lounge 2007